Saturday, November 1, 2008

The Weighting Game

It has been wonderful to be home. My cramps have subsided, and in turn, the contractions have decreased considerably. I'm feeling really good! I was able to be here to see Ava get ready for her first-ever trick-or-treat, as well as watch her run around like a maniac for an hour afterward to work off the sugar high. I feel so good that it's difficult to just lay here; I want to get up and help Stefan, who is running circles around me trying to keep the house clean, Ava fed and entertained, and his career afloat. He's Superman.

But being relatively cramp free doesn't necessarily translate into being worry free. My concern now is weight. During the past week or so, the cramps, drugs and loss of appetite have equated to a huge weight loss for me. I am just a mere 10 pounds over my original pre-pregnancy weight. The baby isn't suffering; he will take from me everything he needs to grow. But it's just not healthy, period. I have lost about 10 pounds in a week, so my new career is to pack on the pounds. This is ironic because I am craving salads, not burgers.

Big game today against Georgia... GO GATORS!

1 comment:

tracy said...

Don't even talk to me... I am sure the weight you lost has suctioned itself onto my hips, as it always does this time of year. I swear I am part bear.