Thursday, November 20, 2008

Days Nine - Eleven: Model of Instability

We made it another three days, baby! Great work. You always perform so well while on the monitor. You stay put for the entire hour so the nurse can hear your heartbeat, accelerations, and movements. Sometimes you think you're so cute by playing hide-and-seek and making the nurses search long and hard for your heartbeat, but they find you every time, eventually. Now, they always have to angle the monitor downward because you've burrowed into my belly. You always get an A+ when on the monitors. Your mommy, however...

There are good days and bad days. Some days I barely feel a contraction, and other days I feel like maybe labor is beginning. The doctors have diagnosed me with an irritable uterus. Actually, I diagnosed myself and the doctors agreed. Maybe I'm the one who should be getting paid.

I am still in the hospital and have another ultrasound tomorrow morning. Some doctors can't wait to send me home, while others imply I'll be here until I get off the medications at 34-35 weeks. I see so many doctors and they all think and say different things. Some think my irritable uterus is of no substantial concern, and others want to try and calm it. Some doctors say my nighttime contractions should be reduced as much as possible with meds, while others say they are normal for this stage of pregnancy. I wish they would just have one, united voice about how to treat me or I will never feel comfortable enough to go home until after the baby arrives.

I miss Ava and Stefan so much.

3 comments:

Sherry M said...

Jackie:
I loved your dream! With the doctor's conflicting opinions, I still think it is better for you to be there in the hospital. I am sorry that you are so lonely for Stefan and Ava. Maybe they could get a motel for the weekend and just be there to visit you! You are still in my thoughts and prayers. I am glad that baby blum is still where he needs to be. Do you have a phone there with you? What is the number? Send me an email with the answer, please. Talk to you later.

Bonnie Jackson said...

If you look at your blog and check out the time line, you only have 57 days left to go. That's a small amount compared to where you started and where you were when you went in to the hospital the first time. It's not very reassuring to your emotional state that this is the best place for you and the baby, but it really is. And while I know how much you miss Stefan and Ava, I am highly offended I did not make that short list :)!!

Hope you have a better day today!! Good luck at the ultrasound...

sarah b. said...

Hey Sweetie,

You're doing great, hang in there! I hope your ultrasound this morning goes well.

Love and miss you!- xoxox