Wednesday, November 19, 2008

My Dream

Last night I had a dream, and I was surprised at how it actually made sense. Usually my dreams are so illogical and bizarre, like the time I was being hunted as a suspect for the murder of Joe Pesci. Seriously, and that's not even as bad as they get. But last night's dream was crystal clear:

I was at Target shopping for the baby. I was wearing my favorite Kenneth Cole black stilettos and my favorite skinny jeans. I don't remember if I was pregnant, but I was shopping vigilantly for the baby - blankets, clothes, swings. I was running around, almost in a panic, trying to get as much stuff as possible. Then, all of a sudden, I remembered I was supposed to be on bed rest. I freaked out because I just knew I was jeopardizing the baby's health with every additional step I took. I abandoned the shopping cart and almost ran to my car, where I got in the driver's seat and reclined the seat as far back as it could go. I tried to lay down in the car, but it was really difficult. I woke up before finding out what happened, and was so relieved to learn it was only a dream.

No comments: