Saturday, November 22, 2008

Day Thirteen: 32 Weeks!

Now we are in familiar territory. Ava was born at 32 weeks and 4 days, so at this point we kind of know what to expect should the baby decide to enter the world. Of course, we are hoping for several more weeks in my belly, but I am thankful for this milestone.

Ava and Stefan came to visit me this morning. Ava loves raiding my snack stash that I accumulate when the snack cart lady visits my room each morning. She always picks a colorful package (this morning it was an apple cinnamon Nutrigrain bar) and brings it to me. I open it, and she chows down. It's become our little ritual. We snuggled as she watched a Baby Einstein movie, she played for a little while, and then they had to leave. For the first time in two weeks, I didn't cry when they left. Maybe it's because I'm getting stronger. Maybe it's because they'll probably be back for another visit tomorrow. I wish it was the former, but it's probably the latter.

Today has been a relatively good day. Contractions and irritability have been fairly quiet, but we're about to enter the critical evening hours, when my uterus seems to switch into overdrive. I am hoping for a quiet and uneventful night. I am almost done with our Christmas shopping!

No comments: