Monday, November 24, 2008

Day Fifteen: So Sleepy

32 weeks and 2 days.

For the past two weeks, I have not inhaled one breath of fresh air. From the window in my room, I only have a view of another wing of the hospital, but I am able to tell if it's sunny or cloudy, day or night. It could be 90 degrees outside and I wouldn't know the difference. But I know it's cold because my husband tells me so every time we talk on the phone. I know it was dreary and rainy today, and even though I couldn't really see the weather, it affected me anyway. I was so sleepy today, and so was baby. I napped intermittently all throughout the day, starting at 9:30 this morning! I never napped for long, but I would remember seeing the beginnings and the ends only of some TV shows. Baby has been very mellow today, too. He's given me a few kicks, but for the most part has been snoozing right along with his mama. Drowsiness is also a side effect of my anti-anxiety medication, so pair that with the rain and I was a lazy daisy today! I just hope I can sleep tonight.

Bonnie surprised me with a visit today and brought Ava, Ally and Kelsey. They were returning home from a morning at the aquarium, and stopped by to provide some company for 30 minutes. All three girls immediately fell into character. Ava and Kelsey asked for snacks and Ally started asking questions about all of the medical equipment in my room. She wanted to know what my T-pump did, and I told her it was a computer that talked to the baby to tell him to stay in my belly as long as possible. Ally is a very smart little girl. She was so concerned about my health and the baby (at 5 years old!), and all Ava and Kelsey could do was shove Honey Nut Cheerios into their faces. It cracked me up. I loved seeing all of them.

No comments: