Thursday, November 13, 2008

Day Four: Packing on the Pounds

I've gained 3 pounds in 2 days! Woo-hoo! Now we're moving in the right direction, and I owe it all to my sweetheart of a food service lady, who brings me a Krispy Kreme every morning with my breakfast.

Today was a good day. An 8 on a scale of 1-10. I had very few contractions, so this Terbutaline Pump seems to be working for now. My IV was removed this morning, so I'm on my own to keep myself ultra hydrated. I tweezed my eyebrows this evening because I have given up all hope of getting to a salon before the baby arrives. And although I don't consider myself to be vain, I simply refuse to have the first photographs with my new son feature me with a unibrow. So I plucked away, and feel much better.

I go for another ultrasound tomorrow morning. I am a little anxious for this one because before I was introduced to the glorious T-pump, I was having some pretty serious contractions and a lot of pressure. I just hope and pray nothing hasn't changed or dilated any further.

Every night as I blog, I have been playing lullabies from my itunes for the baby (Tracy, it's the Nicolette Larson CD you gave me - love it!). We both enjoy the soft music, and I think it is helping me sleep. I have been able to sleep well without the Ambien, thank goodness. I am also reading a book called Days in Waiting, which was written as a survival guide for pregnant women on bed rest and experiencing complications. The woman who wrote it endured not one, but two pregnancies where she faced some of the most extreme bed rest challenges I have ever seen. She shares practical advice and tips for moms experiencing bed rest and other complications of high-risk pregnancies. While the tips and advice truly are helpful, the best part of this book for me is helping me to not feel so alone in all of this. I have found myself nodding along with her words, as if she is talking directly to me, about my situation.

The clock just struck midnight. We made it another day, honey. Here's to another! But now, for me, it's lights out.

2 comments:

tracy said...

Oh Jackie, I am so happy that you are gaining some weight! A sentence I thought I would never say to you! :) And I am a tad jealous... a Krispy Kreme each morning? The closest thing to that for me is sugar free jello. Yum.
Congrats. Keep up the good work!

That book sounds awesome and I am glad you have found comfort in it.
And also in the cd. We still listen to that every other week or so during quiet time before bed.

Love the eyebrow comment, and you would look gorgeous even with a unibrow. In some countries, that is a turn on for men. Thank God we are here!

Liz said...

Yes we are having our 3rd and probably are last baby. Cameron will just be turning two when this little one comes. Logan will be 4 1/2. Yikes! What was I thinking LOL. Since it is our last we didn't find out what he/she is...which was really hard just b/c if it is a girl I want to be ready for it. However, I will be fine-my Mom will spoil this little one either way. Whenever I think about the delievery I get really excited just thinking about the moment the Dr will say… “It’s a …..” I’m guessing it’s another boy.

I was on terbutaline with both Cameron and Logan. It gave me the worst side effects-I got really cold and my legs would jerk spontaneously! YUCK It sounds like it is doing wonders for you.

A great support system is a site called dailystrength.com there are 1,000 of chat rooms with support groups.
Love Tracy's comments, they make me laugh.