Monday, November 3, 2008

A Kiss Goodnight

Every night since going on bed rest, Stefan has brought Ava downstairs so that I can participate in her tooth brushing routine, and sometimes story time. I say my special goodnight to Ava before Stefan takes her back upstairs to bed. As they disappear up the stairs, I have gotten in the habit of blowing her kisses, and tonight, she returned the gesture. She blew me a kiss for the first time. It melted my heart as I have been struggling to cope with Ava's newfound dependence on and favor for Stefan and my sister. Not that I don't love watching Ava become her daddy's girl. It's just that I wish I could still be as big in her life as I was just a couple of weeks ago. I know it's only temporary, but in the meantime, that goodnight kiss was exactly what I needed.

No comments: