Sunday, November 16, 2008

Days Six & Seven: Getting By with a Little Help from my Friends

We hit 31 weeks yesterday! I have been fairly stable over the weekend, so pending a good, solid ultrasound tomorrow morning, I may be able to go home. I'm not expecting to be there too long, but the doctors said that's to be expected. They said I will most likely be in and out until I deliver.

This weekend was nice because I got lots of visitors. Stefan and Ava came to see me Saturday morning, and my very good friend Mandy came to see me this morning. I love having visitors because it takes my mind off of everything and also gives me the opportunity to talk to someone other than a doctor or nurse. Mandy brought me some adorable clothes for the baby, as well as some pretty-smelling lotion for me. Sometimes it just takes a little friendship to make everything seem brighter, better, more tolerable.

Baby has been active as usual, although every nurse I come into contact with comments on how low he is. I know he is low. Please don't remind me every 5 minutes. It freaks me out. I have been having terrible bouts of heartburn lately, and I know it's common this late in pregnancy. But I also know that eating while laying down isn't helping matters, either. The nurses always offer me drugs to help, but seriously, the last thing I want is more chemicals raging through my body. I have been eating between 2 and 3 cups of yogurt a day to help fight the effects of the antibiotics. After this, I may never want to look at yogurt again, which is a shame, because I have always liked yogurt. Except for chocolate-flavored yogurt. That's just wrong. Save the chocolate for the pudding.

Ava and Stefan ran lots of errands today to continue preparing for baby's arrival. I miss them so much. Well, I almost made it through the day without crying...

No comments: