Sunday, December 21, 2008

It is for real!

Well we are here. Jackie is in the early stages of labor. Four cm dilated, IV in, medical staff at the ready. I think we knew right away when we entered the room. In the past we have been admitted to a small, cozy room with lots of character. In real estate terms that translates to a dungeon. Not this time, no this time the room is fabulous. Okay, so it is as fabulous as a hospital room can be. It is about the size of our living room, not a closet. It is new, clean, decorated, lots of space and a bench for me (dad) to sleep on. Although I highly doubt I will see any sleep tonight.

Jackie has asked me to post so I will. At least that was what we agreed to on once we agreed on the difference between labor and delivery. Labor - I'll post. Delivery - I won't.

Thirty-six weeks and one day. Today is one of the best days of the year for me since it is the shortest day of the year and from now on the days get longer. Soon I will have another source of sunshine.

4 comments:

colleen said...

WOO HOO!

I've been thinking about you all weekend! Can't wait to hear the news, know the name and see photos of your sweet baby boy.

Hugs!

Colleen

Lisa Sanders said...

Yeah! Apparently he wanted to be here in time for Christmas! Sending easy labor vibes your way!!!!!!!!

Bonnie Jackson said...

Ha-Ha...I knew it!!! I called it in the last post!!! Only when you think it isn't real would it be real!! So excited to hear from you in a few hours. Can you believe this day has arrived? You're about to have your precious baby boy and experience all the joys of a newborn with none of the NICU time...your own sleepless nights at home and a 2 year old who is no longer the only one in the spotlight. I gave Ava lots of extra kisses for you guys tonight. It's her last night as an only child. Good luck!!!

tracy said...

Oh yeah! To add onto the vein of Bonnie's note: you get to be at home this time for the wee hour feedings! NAP WHEN HE NAPS... best advice I ever got!