Monday, December 15, 2008

Daaaaa-deeeeee!

35 weeks and 2 days.

Still pregnant, thank you God. But today I have felt icky. I have monitored my contractions four times today just because I haven't felt good and can't tell if it's my stomach or contractions. I am averaging about four contractions an hour, and most of the nurses I have spoken with have told me that's pretty par for the course for any woman at 35.5 weeks. But for the past four days, I have averaged only 1-2 contractions per hour. So even though I am on par with other 35 weekers and still well below my hourly contraction threshold of eight contractions, something tells me we're getting closer to showtime. I go for a progesterone injection tomorrow morning.

As if Ava already didn't have Stefan and I wrapped around her finger, she has found another way to melt our hearts and turn us into putty. She has started calling for her daddy when she wants or needs him, using the sweetest sounds to turn "daddy" into an eight-syllable word. "Daaaaaa-deeeee," she'll yell from the living room where she is playing by herself. And she continues to repeat this with consistent tones until Stefan responds. Usually, she wants help with a toy or to take turns drawing on her Aquadoodle. She's even started calling for daddy when she wakes up. No more playing quietly in her bed for a few minutes. She goes right for the jugular... "Daaaaaa-deeeeee!" I can't help but chuckle every time. It is the sweetest thing ever. This little girl loves her daddy, that's for sure.

No comments: