Friday, January 9, 2009

Why I Have the Best Husband in the World

Last night, I chose to stay up and watch the National Title game instead of catching some much-needed sleep. I knew I would pay the price throughout the night, as Ian is going through a growth spurt right now and is eating every 2.5 hours - even at night. But I couldn't not watch the game. What kind of Gator fan would I be if I chose sleep over football? It would be a shame, really, so I sucked it up, watched the game and saw our boys win a second national title in three years. Go Gators.

As expected, Stefan and I crawled into bed a little after midnight, and as we were drifting off to sleep, Ian's cry came. It was mealtime. Having gotten no sleep so far, I suddenly started to wish I had chosen sleep. But then something happened that I will never, ever forget. My husband said in the darkness, "Don't worry about it honey. I am still keyed up from the game, so you get some sleep and I will feed Ian." Oh. My. Goodness. So Stefan got up and left me to three hours of blissful slumber. Of course, the 3:30 a.m. feeding was still difficult, but had I not gotten that initial sleep, it would have been impossible. But for Stefan to take Ian's 12:30 feeding was a dream. Honey, I know you read this blog on a daily basis, so thank you so very, very much. It meant the world to me. As do you.

2 comments:

LoriLoo310 said...

Congrats to the Gators on a well-deserved win last night :)

A couple of times Brandon did the same thing for me that Stefan did for you last night. It really is such a big deal and they probably have no idea how much it means. Good for you for posting your thanks to him!

tracy said...

I am glad your team won, and also happy Stefan did what he did - very sweet! Chad did that also and it really means so much.

Now as for him reading our blog... that is more of a rarity, but he enjoys it when he can finally get in front of the computer.