Saturday, June 13, 2009

Mad Love from an Old Friend

Love_Ya_Award1.jpg

Lookie at what I got!  Oh boy, I'm so very excited to have received my very first blog award from my sweet friend
Colleen.  We have known each other since high school in Florida, but we lost touch during the college years even though we attended the same university (how sad is that?!?!).  P.S.  GO GATORS! Anyway, we found each other again a few years ago and have managed to stay in touch, although I wish I could see her more often.  Colleen's blog is a true inspiration for several reasons.  First, the girl gets real. Very real.  She tells it like it is, and usually, this means I am doubled-over in laughter. Second, Colleen's blog is just down right adorable.  It looks professionally done.  Seriously, follow the link above and be amazed.  I fully admit to having blog envy when it comes to her spread.  Love it!  Colleen has also reminded me that there is more to my life than children.  For over a year now, I have blogged about pregnancy and children - my children - and little else.  And as a mom of two tots under age 3, I'm sure you can understand that there is little time in my life for all things unrelated to diapers, toys, car seats, spit up, pureed food, houseproofing, peanut butter and jelly, discipline, potty training, and watching my language around a very sponge-like 2.5-year-old. But reading Colleen's blog reminds me that I exist apart from my children, even if I don't really enjoy writing about that existence.  Because let's just face it: life is a hell of a lot funnier with kids!  So I'll try to write more often about other things that interest me.  Hmm, what is it that interests me?  I forget.  I'll figure it out and let you know.  On to the award!  Oh, and thanks Neener!

Love_Ya_Award1.jpg

The "Love Ya" Award states: These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers. Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award.


Would I be totally snubbing the greatness of the award if I passed it on to only four people?  I know the rules say to award eight, but seriously, I barely know eight bloggers!  So pathetic.


1. Tracy at The Wagstaff Family. Tracy is one of my dearest friends, and she resides in Utah.  We met through church and came to know the awesomeness of God's grace together.  Tracy is an AMAZING photographer and has her own business.  She cans her own pumpkin, makes her own home decor, designs her own artwork and is a damn good mom.  In a nutshell, she's a domestic goddess, and I love her.  Love her blog, too.  Tracy harped on me for months to start my own blog, and so I did.


2.  Bonnie at The Real Jackson Five.  My totally wonderful sister.  Older, wiser and did I mention older?  Bonnie taught me how to design my blog so it actually looked nice, and I will be forever grateful for that!  Bonnie is very similar to me in that she blogs about her three beautiful kiddos and the big family events.  It's just darling.


3.  Lori at I'm The Manager.  I have known Lori for a few years now, and even though we moved back home to Atlanta before Lori and I had the opportunity to really get to know each other, I still keep in touch and read her blog regularly.  Lori is a very balanced blogger because she blogs about her adorable little boy, her own life, and even about things such as her favorite jewelry pieces.  It ROCKS! I seriously look forward to reading Lori's posts when she writes about her favorite things because it's from her that I get so many ideas for myself and for my own home.


4.  Stephani at Ham Fam On The Go.  Steph is a cousin of my husband's, but I love reading about her kids and life in upstate New York.  She is as busy as busy gets!  Love your blog, Steph!

2 comments:

Bonnie Jackson said...

Oooh....I feel so excited to have received this award!!! Thanks to my sissy...who far exceeds me in any blogging that I do. Your writing is true genius. You have a way to capture your feelings and put it in to words. Something I struggle with tremendously. Love ya!!! And thanks for my super cool award!!!

tracy said...

Jackie!!!

Thank you!
Hand to heart, tears of joy in my eyes for your sweet comments! (I will have to look around my house to find this Tracy person you speak of... :)

Much of my deepening cooking abilities have come from watching your expertise in that area!

I love and appreciate your encouragement and support of me in my endeavors, mommyhood and life in general - it means SO much!

Love and miss you!