Thursday, June 4, 2009

Ian and Drew

As most of you know, my sister Bonnie also recently had a baby boy.  Drew Jackson was born on March 1, 2009, just a little more than two months after Ian entered the world.  With two boys almost identical in age, it's easy to dream about their future as playmates and close buddies.  It will be fun to watch them grow up together with the blood of cousins but (hopefully!) the relationship of brothers.  With our busy schedules, getting both boys together for pictures, etc., has been difficult to say the least.  Bonnie and I have tried several times, but it always turns out that one is fussy or the other is sleeping.  One night last week, however, the moment was good (or, as good as a Kodak moment can be with a 5-month-old and a three-month-old).  So we took a couple of pictures.  I envisioned a close-up photo, with Ian and Drew looking at each other, like you see on heavyweight fight posters.  Bonnie and I held our boys up as Stefan tried to take the picture, but it was so funny that Bonnie and I had a hard time keeping our arms extended and steady.  The picture didn't turn out exactly as I had hoped, but maybe we'll try again later.  In the meantime, enjoy these two quirky pics of our baby boys...


2 comments:

colleen said...

This is seriously CUTE!!!

tracy said...

Those pic are cute...wonder what they think of each other!

I smile every time I think of the irony of Bonnie honoring my first boyfriend by naming her son after him (hee hee).