Sunday, July 26, 2009

A Few Things About the Kids, and Ian's Seven-Month Picture

Because I am apparently inept at comprising a decent post these days, I thought I would mention a few things that are going on with Ava and Ian right now.

Ava can now sing the entire alphabet without aid or help. When she reaches the end - "Now I know my ABCs" - she forgets to end the song and just loops it... "Now I know my ABCs-D-E-F-G-H-I-J..." She does this continuously until I divert her. She is also very into tea parties right now. She sits her stuffed bunny and a larger-than-her sized Mickey Mouse at her playroom table. She then sets the table with cups, saucers, a tea pot and little play cupcakes from her kitchen. She then sings happy birthday to herself and "blows out" the pretend candle in the cupcake. The "tea" is actually little plastic balls from another toy that she puts into the cups. And the ball color has to match the color of the cup. That's the little OCD in her popping through, and I'm so proud!

Ian giggles up a storm when we say "beep-beep."

Ava has recently become OBSESSED with Barney the Dinosaur. She absolutely loves him and his show. I used to mock it, but seriously, it's a great show. Kids are nice to each other, they have manners, and Ava has never given me so many hugs due to the "I Love You" song they sing at the end of EVERY episode. We sing it together everyday and she gives me "a great big hug and a kiss from me to you" every time. That, in and of itself, is reason enough for me to love the show. At night, I can hear her singing the song to her stuffed bunny in her bed. So sweet.

Ian turned 7 months old on July 22nd. I took pictures but didn't post. Actually, I never posted after his 6-month well-child exam last month, either. Now it just seems anti-climactic, so I'll just give the numbers: Ian weighed 15 pounds, 14 ounces, and measured nearly 26 inches long. As usual, the shots stunk. These days I'm sure he's pushing the 17-pound mark. I am LOVING this stage with Ian right now, despite the perpetual teething. He's big enough to play and interact with us and his toys, but he's still small enough to hold and cuddle. He is giggly and snuggly and oh-so wonderful right now. He "talks" to us constantly and is entertained by the sound of his own voice. I love to blow kisses on his belly and he's super ticklish on his back. He's getting more hair down the center of his head (think mohawk), just like Ava did when her hair was first coming in. Every night, when I go into his room to tuck him in before heading to bed myself, it takes every ounce of will power to not pick him up out of his crib and bring him into bed with me and Stefan. But the teething, yeah, that's not fun. We're hoping those teeth pop through soon!

2 comments:

tracy said...

Oh those blue eyes are like the sea... they take you right in - so adorable!

The teething was the worst. The absolute worst. Does he have those wrist bell shaker things with the heads on them? I dampened those and froze them for Zo to gnaw on like a beaver. The drooling would be somwhat alieviated by them as well. Poor thing - Both of you!

Love the OCD comment - that Zoe continues with swimmingly, although yes, her attitude has been a bit challenging ever since we set foot in Cali on the trip. Sigh. ;)

colleen said...

That little boy is SO ADORABLE!! He looks so much like Stephan yet I see you in him too.