Monday, March 30, 2009

Recipe: Oreo Cheesecake Balls

Yum. I got this recipe from my friend Anne, so I really can't take credit. But make these. Make them often. There's only three ingredients, and they couldn't be easier to put together. I made these for my sister's birthday, and they were divine.

Oreo Cheesecake Balls
1 Package Double-Stuf Oreo Cookies (yes, the entire box)
1 8-oz. package cream cheese, softened
1 package chocolate chips (you choose the flavor)

1. Form crumbs with the Oreos (a food processor does this the fastest, but do whatcha gotta do to get those crumbs).

2. Combine the cookie crumbs and the cream cheese. I used a stand mixer with the paddle attachment and it worked beautifully. If you do this step by hand, you will literally need to use your hands. No spoon or spatula will do this job as well as your hands.

3. The mixture will be very thick. Form into balls - as big or as little as you want. I used a scoop to create golf-ball-sized pieces, and I got 24 total. But you can make them as big or as small as you want.

4. Refrigerate for a few hours, until firm.

5. Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave or over a double boiler. Either dip the balls into the chocolate or drizzle the chocolate over top. Either is fine, but I prefer it drizzled.

6. Refrigerate again for a couple of hours, until you're ready to serve them.

3 comments:

sarah b. said...

OMG, these sounds delicious and addicting!! I think I'm going to try them for my Bunco party tomorrow night. =)

tracy said...

Perfect PMS timing, Jackie!

Between these, Zoe's birthday cake and her request of donuts with strawberries and cream for her birthday breakfast, we will be in suger heaven!

Liz said...

yummy...cant wait to make them!!!