Sunday, March 8, 2009

Recipe: Cajun Crab Dip

Last night, Stefan and I grilled out with some friends to celebrate the wonderful mid-70-degree weather (welcome Spring!). Everyone brought their own meat to grill, but we all brought a side dish to share. Stefan and I brought a cajun crab dip and crackers, which everyone seemed to enjoy. Several people asked me for the recipe, and I shamelessly admitted that I bought the dip at Publix. Yesterday was a very busy day, and I simply didn't have time to cook. I do typically make my own cajun crab dip, and this recipe is a dead ringer for the store-bought version. It's adapted from a Pampered Chef Recipe. Pampered Chef lightens the recipe by using fat free this and light that. I say to heck with it all and just go for the full-fat versions. It's crab dip, for cryin' out loud! Double the recipe if you're having company.

Cajun Crab Dip

4 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 package (8oz) imitation crab meat, chopped
1/4 cup celery, chopped
1/4 cup green bell pepper, chopped
1 garlic clove, pressed
1 1/2 tbsp Cajun Seasoning

In a bowl, microwave cream cheese on high for 30 seconds until softened; whisk in mayonnaise. Chop crab meat. Chop celery and pepper. Add crab meat, celery, bell pepper, garlic and seasoning to cream cheese mixture; mix well. Spoon crab mixture into chilled bowl. Serve with crackers or toasted baguette slices.

1 comment:

tracy said...

Hi You!
First off, it sounds delicious!
Secondly, it snowed here today, so wear a tank top for me and enjoy the warmth! :)

Hope to connect with you soon... "crazy busy" is an understatement!