Thursday, October 30, 2008

Homeward Bound

I'm going home! They're kicking me out... literally. The doctor said they needed to keep these rooms available for people who actually need them, and apparently, I don't need to be here. They did a good job of giving me the confidence I need to go home, so I feel better. Stefan is on his way and I should be home in a couple of hours. The bad news is that I won't be able to get my Ambien prescription filled until tomorrow, so I am nervous about a sleepless night ahead. Goodness, I sound like a junkie.

The Facts About the Fetal Fibronectin Test

The doctor explained to me why they are not too terribly concerned about my positive FFn test. If the test comes back negative, the chance of labor starting within two weeks is only 5%. If the test comes back positive, the chance of labor starting within two weeks is higher, but is still just 30%. Which means there is a 70% chance of still being pregnant in two weeks. Based on my ultrasound this morning, plus the fact that I still may have lingering effects of an infection that could make the test positive, the doctors assured me that a positive FFn test is really nothing to worry about... yet.

1 comment:

tracy said...

Yahoo!!!

Hopefully a nice foot rub by Stefan - no, that will start labor - uh, a back rub and a nice warm cup of soup or something will put you into a nice sleep.