Saturday, August 22, 2009

There's a First Time for Everything

Today Ian is eight months old. I'm going to stop asking where the time went because it just makes me sad. Tonight, as I fed him his bedtime bottle, he was spilling out over my arms and had his feet dangling off the sides of the glider. I looked down at him, wondering when exactly he got so big. Because one day not-so-long-ago, I was cuddling with him and his tiny toes, all wrapped up in the crooks of my arms. And now, I can barely contain him on my lap. I swear it happens overnight.




But today, another milestone was reached. Ava sat for a photo with Ian. Not only did she sit for a photo with him, but she also gave him hugs and kisses for the camera. And she enjoyed it! Avaloves being in front of the camera. In fact, last night during a really strong thunderstorm, Ava saw the lightning outside and exclaimed, "Cheese!" as if the flashes of light were actually flashes from giant cameras snapping her picture. Stefan and I just laughed with her. So today, when I whipped out the camera to take Ian's monthly birthday picture, Ava immediately started posing and saying, "Cheese!" So I said, "OK then, Ava. You want your picture taken? Why don't you climb up onto the chair next to Ian?" Every month I say the same thing. And every month she runs in the opposite direction screaming, "Nooooooo!" But today, she got right up next to Ian and let me have a field day. She gave Ian hugs. She gave him kisses. Oh it just made my whole day!

Ava gets a giggle out of Ian.

A big hug from big sister.

Too cute.

And finally, a kiss for baby brother.

1 comment:

tracy said...

Now I bet she will really begin to buddy up to him in photos! How so so SO cute they are! Miss you guys tons...